GhPageNewsCOVID-19 Lockdown: Police allegedly beats a man to death in Kumasi

COVID-19 Lockdown: Police allegedly beats a man to death in Kumasi has received the sad news of a 40-year-old Ghanaian man from Kumasi, Kwabena Tweneboah Kodua who has just died after some Policemen allegedly beat him in an effort to enforce the COVID-19 Lockdown.

According to the mother of the deceased, Kwabena Tweneboah Kodua was assaulted by the patrol team that was enforcing the partial lockdown on Monday night at Konkori near Kumasi in the Atwima Kwanwoma District of the Ashanti Region.

SEE ALSO: Lady beaten by Military men amid lockdown finally speaks in new Video

Speaking with Kumasi based Angel Fm, Maame Adwoa Mena revealed her son was beaten whiles standing right in front of his own house. The woman claims the police said he should be sleeping not standing in front of his house.

Speaking on Angel Fm on Wednesday, Maame Adwoa Mena said:

“They beat him with the barrels of their guns and kicked him on the ground till he started bleeding profusely; they said he was standing in front of his house at a time that he was expected to be sleeping”.

The woman alleged that the patrol team visited the town that night to arrest some people who have gathered on the streets but were unsuccessful.

SEE ALSO: Police beat 67-year-old widow & food vendor for going out during lockdown

The chanced upon Kwabena Tweneboah Kodua, the deceased standing in front of his house which stands few meters away from the main road and turned their wrath on him.

Confrontations occurred and after he was assaulted, the police allegedly planted marijuana on Kwabena Tweneboah Kodua and handcuffed him, according to his mother who claims she was an eyewitness.

“They planted ‘wee’ on him and when he protested that he knew nothing about the herbs, they handcuffed him to the bucket of the pick up; they later sat him in the car drove off”, Maame Adwoa Mena told Angel FM.

“We were informed in the morning that my son had been admitted at the Kotwi Clinic; when we rushed there, the policemen said he had fallen off from the bucket of the pickup and smashed his head on the ground.”

SEE ALSO: Lockdown: Man beaten by the military after going to buy ingredients for his stew

“They begged me not to make the matter public or the Police Administration would handcuff him on the sickbed and later jail him when he gets better. I didn’t say anything because I feared the consequences as they had threatened me”.

“The deceased was later referred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital when his condition got worse on Tuesday afternoon, all the bills were footed by the policemen who were now begging me to remain quiet over the matter or they lose their jobs.”

“I don’t know their names but I can identify each of them; they said they are stationed at the central police station,” she said.

Tweneboah Kodua died at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital on Tuesday night. The family is yet to make an official complaint to the Ghana Police Service.

SEE ALSO: Lockdown: Civilian shot and killed by Military man in Ashaiman is following this allegation and we will keep our readers updated on this new development. It’s worthy to note that there is already the story of a young man who has been shot dead by a military man at Ashaiman. The GAF has started investigations into the killing.

Join our WhatsApp Channel


Friday, June 14, 2024
light rain
80.3 ° F
80.3 °
80.3 °
80 %
66 %
82 °
81 °
78 °
82 °
82 °

Free Newsletter

Get Ghana Latest News in your inbox each morning.