Nana Opoku Kwarteng the father of late Priscilla Opoku Kwarteng aka Ebony Reigns prior the burial of his daughter on 24th March promise to make wild revelations after his daughter’s burial and true to his words he has not been disappointing at all.
According to him, he was waiting for his daughter to be buried so that he could say whatever that was in his throat.
So far, Nana Poku Kwarteng has made 4 damning allegations and confession about her daughter’s life regarding her music career.
1. Bullet abused Ebony
According to Nana Opoku Kwarteng, the late Ebony was not a happy girl before she met her untimely death. He added that Ebony was also not happy with her management due to how she was verbally abused by Bullet.
Mr Kwarteng said even though her daughter told her about the predicament she suffered at RuffTown Records, he couldn’t really do much to buy her out due to contractual issues, He said in an interview on Peace FM Saturday, 14th April 2018.
“She told me about the abuse severally. She was not happy with her management led by Bullet; she complained bitterly about her situation. As a father who so much loved his daughter, that hurt me. I was always praying for her to get out of that situation but there was a contract she’d signed, so she needed to abide by that, she had no option. I just kept my cool about what she was going through,” he narrated.
2. Bullet To Blame For Ebony’s Death
In a new interview, Nana Opoku Kwarteng has accused Bullet and his Rufftown Records of contributing to the untimely death of his daughter.
Explaining, the grieving father stated that, Ebony was poorly managed and if the management did their work well, Ebony wouldn’t have embarked on the journey that took her life or even if she did, it would have been through a safer way.
He added that Bullet did well to discover and trained his daughter to be a star but he failed to manage her well when she became a superstar. He blames them partly for Ebony’s death.
READ THIS: MzVee’s Doggy Style S£x Tape Allegedly Leaks
“Nana Hemaa (Ebony) travelled very late in the night when Bullet (her manager) was abroad, according to him. A good management team handling a 21-year-old superstar should have taken good care of her.”
“Somebody should have been with her on that journey, somebody should have corrected her as she shouldn’t have made that journey on her own.”
“When you’re managing someone, the person’s movement and all that concerns her is your concern. You don’t care the strength of that person, you take the decision for the person that’s why you are the manager.”
3. Bullet Lied About Ebony’s Songs
According to him, even though that belief has been held by many, he knew Ebony to be a very good songwriter. Nana Kwarteng further noted that before Ebony met Bullet, she had a couple of songs compiled as a demo that got Bullet’s attention to sign her onto the Ruff Town record label.
“I can’t really challenge that because I wouldn’t know. I didn’t think he should talk about that because it’s not necessary. The lady (Ebony) is not around to challenge that fact. We know him to be a songwriter. Ebony also writes songs. She has about 20 unreleased songs. I know her to be a writer”
“Yes, she had the personality, voice and everything. She had already sent a demo to Bullet that made him see the girl. She couldn’t have been that bad. She wasn’t bad. There couldn’t be any limitation, bullet supported her but she was a songwriter as well. It wasn’t the case. He fell in love with her through her demos”, he said.
4. VGMA Awards
Nana Opoku Kwarteng has said again that his daughter worked hard on her own to get the four awards she had at the just ended Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs). Nana added that he dedicates 40% of the awards to Ebony while he gives the remaining 60% to her fans. By his comment, Nana Opoku Mensah ruled out Bullet and Rufftown Records from Ebony’s achievement.