Volta Region (or the Volta), is one of Ghana’s ten administrative regions, with Ho designated as its capital. It is located west of republic of Togo and the east of Lake Volta .
It contains twenty five administrative districts with several ethnic groups, such as, the Ewe people who speak the Ewe language, the Guan peoples, and the Akan folks
That beautiful region is where Mountain Afadjato is located. Mountain Afadjato is the highest mountain in Ghana, at an elevation of 885 metres (2,904 ft)
Volta Region is also the home of the former president of Ghana His Excellency Jerry John Rawlings and the late BBC’s presenter Komla Dumor
READ ALSO: 10 Celebrities who are HIV positive
We can never talk about Volta region without mentioning their beautiful women. Most of the beautiful women in Ghana hail from this region. Ewe women are mostly fair and heavily endowed with all the attributes that makes a woman.
Today Ghpage.com brings to you some beautiful with interesting names from this amazing region.
The next time you hear an Ewe name do well to remember it meaning
0.Agbeko – long life
1. Abadzivor – Bed sheet
2. Avugla – Jaw of a dog
3. Fiadigbor – Useless king
5. Amemornu – This one….
6. Tulasi – Gun in hand
7. Datsomor – An ambushing Snake
8. Kudolo – Death does wonders
9. Alegeli – Rat
10. Agormevi – This one must be whispered.
11. Avudzivi – Dog has given birth
12. Nuworgu – Waste of time and resources
13. Agbetsiame – Life is frustrating
14. Kumordzi – Death road/path
15. Agodzo- Corn husk fire. Hot air.
16. Vivõr- Ugly child
17. Kumasenu – Stubborn Death
18. Gamor – Trap
19. Gomado – It is better we don’t meet
20. Gakli – Scrap metal
21. Aforklinyuie – Fortunate Stumble
22. Kese – Monkey/Chimpanze (red arse one)
23. Torgodo – Behind the river
24. Akpakuvi – Calabash
25. Degodia – Remove the underwear
26. Ayivor— Beans is finished/Bad beans
27. ‘GBORMITAN’- goat swallow saliva
28. Deh= Palmfruit
29. Akakpo =heap of charcoal
30. Ahadzi= on top of an Alcoholic drink
31. Katsekpor.= if you like say fi
33. Demanya= Had I known
35. Agbota = Sheep’s head
36. Agboga= Huge sheep
37. Amedeka= one person
38.Avadzi = war front
39.Woyome= imitating people
40. Agbegbey – Divorce
41. Gasor – BicycleBicycle
www.ghpage.com, your home of entertainment and your lifestyle buzz .Like and follow us on facebook to get all your interesting stories.