There is no continent like Africa when it comes to funny, interesting but very deep wise sayings.The use of proverbs when speaking is integrated in an African man’s language. You won’t like meet a typical African grand parent who will speak for 5 minutes without saying at least 2 proverbs in his speech.
Today ghpage.com brings you 25 African proverbs that will most likely make you laugh till you crack your ribs..lol Go on, read each one of these proverbs and please make sure you laugh in the privacy of your room before you get wrongfully admitted to the psychiatric hospital!
1. He who has diarrhea knows the direction of the door without being told – Uganda
2. Anger, no matter how hot it is, can never cook a yam – Nigeria
3. It is okay for a child to play with the mother’s breasts, but not the father’s testicles – Guinea
4. Men would not tell lies if women asked less questions – Unknown Africa Origin
5. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers – Uganda
6. It’s the fear of what tomorrow may bring that makes the tortoise carry its house along wherever it goes – Nigeria
7. Human excreta will always smell, no matter how small – Gambia
8. However much the buttocks are in a hurry, they will always remain at the back – Unknown Africa Origin
9. You have to be careful to kill a fly that has perched on your scrotum – Ghana
10. There’s no virgin in a maternity ward – Cameroon
CONTINUE READING FROM NEXT PAGE