A Ghanaian man identified as David King on Facebook has expressed how unhappy he was with a financial institution before finally closing his account after saving with them for 12 years.
In a post shared on social media, he attributed his decision to close down the account was a result of the ‘unreasonable’ charges that the bank put on almost every single transactions.
Giving some eleven reasons to back his claim he posted:
“I have has decided to close my Zenith Bank Account after 12 years because I refuse to be a slave to a Financial institution who are bent on extorting and milking every cent they can lay their hands on. Below are my reasons
1. COT – Cash on Transaction Charges The more you operate your account the more you get charged. A bank that charges you for charging you
2. Monthly Email & SMS Notification Charges (Even if you don’t receive any)
3. Up to GH¢12 for withdrawal from other banks ATM (A bank that has deliberately capped ATM withdrawals to ¢1,000 per withdrawal so they can charge a FEE of GH¢1 )
4. VISA Card Quarterly Maintenance FEES
5. A bank whose Banking APP works when it feels like
6. 12 Years With Zenith Bank and not a single call from My Relationship Manager
7. Bank Charges are always charged in the middle of the night (makes you believe witches & wizards are also employed at this bank)
8. Never been CREDITED with any Interest for saving with this bank for over 12 Years always DEBITS
9. Waiting time to withdraw money from your own account at the banking hall ranges between 20 – 40mins
10. A bank that won’t allow you to transfer funds to an account with their parent bank thus Zenith Bank PLC in Nigeria so as to enable them charge market premium transaction fees for international transfers
11. GH¢5 for Counter Cheque if you dare forget your Cheque Book at Home
I have been charged more than GH¢6,000 in the past 4 years alone for VISA POS Charges alone. In short, It’s all just a fiasco of incompetence and wickedness. Zenith Bank has a motto “IN YOUR OWN INTEREST” so I have taken a cue from it and advised myself”
What do you think of his claim??