Midas Touch, one of the handlers of the late Ebony Reigns has reacted to claims by Nana Kwarteng father of the late artiste in his several bombshells he keeps dropping when he gets featured in an interview.
According to them, their entity planned no role prior to the burial and after the burial of the late dancehall sensation and as such did not take anything from anyone in connection to the funeral as been peddled in the media by the dad of the late 90’s bad gyal.
In a statement released and signed by its management, they made it clear that their role in the management of Ebony was funding all Ebony Reigns project and it extended to providing her with transportation, accommodation, and every other thing to make her comfortable to enable her to focus on her career.
Read the statement below;
CONTRACT WITH THE LATE PRISCILLA OPOKU – KWARTENG (EBONY REIGNS) AND OUR ENGAGEMENT IN HER BURIAL ACTIVITIES.
We have noticed a level of misrepresentation within a section of the media with regards to our contract with the late Priscilla Opoku – Kwarteng (Ebony Reigns) and our engagement in the various activities before, during and after her burial. It has become necessary we make this clarity following a series of interviews granted to some media houses by Mr. Kwarteng, father of the late musician. By this statement, we wish to state the facts as follows;
1. In April 2016, Midas Touch Inc. entered into a three-year tripartite agreement with Ruff Town Records, represented by Ricky Osei Agyemang (Bullet) and Ebony Reigns, then an up-and-coming musician.
2. Midas Touch Inc. was responsible for funding the entire Ebony Reigns project. Our responsibilities extended to providing her with transportation, accommodation, and every other thing to make her comfortable to enable her to focus on her career.
- Ruff Town Records served as the management company responsible for grooming, recording, booking and executing the promotion of all works by the musician.
- Midas Touch Inc. was entitled to 50% of all revenue generated from the project and the other 50% went to Ruff Town Records and the musician, Ebony Reigns.
- When the musician, unfortunately, passed on, Midas Touch Inc. did not play any role, directly or indirectly in all business dealings before, during and after the burial of the late musician. Midas Touch Inc. only made a cash donation to the father through Ricky Osei Agyemang (Bullet) to help in giving Ebony Reigns a befitting funeral.
- Midas Touch Inc. did not receive any amount of money being its share of proceeds from the Ebony Tribute Concert, official funeral cloth or any other activity related to her burial. Though we are yet to recoup our investment, we were saddened by the passing of such a great talent and didn’t perceive it as a money-making opportunity, hence, opted out of such activities.
We wish to dispel the notion that Midas Touch Inc. benefited financially from the various activities after the demise of Ebony Reigns. That is not the case and we appeal to all persons peddling this falsehood to refrain from that.
As an entity that believes in building the needed structures to reposition the Ghanaian creative arts industry, we will continue to work with all the relevant stakeholders at all times to drive this agenda.
Midas Touch Inc.