Just a day after the leader of the ruling NDC government, President John Dramani Mahama conceded defeat to the opposition leader Nana Addo Dankwa Akuffo Addo,
Top hierarchy has began the blame game. Source close to ghpage.com has disclosed that, the top most members of the party is blaming each other and wrong government policies instituted by the Mahama administration.
These are some of the factors the gurus are attributing to their defeat.
1. The Woyome factor: One top memeber said, My interaction with some people in my constituency indicate that people are very angry why my party the NDC keep on defending Woyome and refuse to let him refund the money paid to him.
2. The Rawlings factor:One strong top leader from the Volta region which happens to be “the world bank” of the NDC stated: J J Rawlings is an important person to majority of people in the Volta region and some other parts of the country,
and a lot of people voted NDC mainly because of him. And a lot of voltarians are very angry that the NDC wasn’t fare to him.
3. Canceling of teacher trainee allowance. Another stated that; This isn’t something I should even talk about,. Whoever gave the president this idea to cancel teachers allowance course him a lot.
My own sister and three of my friends who are all in the training colleges voted against us because of this.
4. Poor campaign strategies : This person has always been against the strategies employed by the campaign chairman and his team.
He told the campaign chairman to his face that, poor campaign strategies is one of the most vital reasons why the NDC lost this election.He said;
We based our campaigns mainly on streets, TV and Radio adverts etc, instead of going deep into villagers, homes, houses to share the good work of the president and convince voters to vote for him.
5. Low turnouts in our strongholds: But most of them agree on it that, The people of Volta region are very angry with the NDC.
s one said,”They feel we took them for granted, and we only remember them in election years”. From beginning of our election ,
a lot always say they will teach us a lesson, and really they did. Lesson: we ought to take people we lead seriously especially when they put us where we are.
For security reasons , we cant disclose names of the top members of the party who made these allegations for fear of compromising the source within.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR ALL YOUR UPDATES