Now the games begins with a post from an NDC
Personally I think this are the reasons we lost.
1. The Woyome factor: My interaction with some people in my constituency indicate that people are very angry why my party the NDC keep on defending Woyome and refuse to let him refund the money paid to him.
2. The Rawlings factor: J J Rawlings is an important person to majority of people in the Volta region and some other parts of the country, and a lot of people voted NDC mainly because of him. And a lot of voltarians are very angry that the NDC wasn’t fare to him.
3. Canceling of teacher trainee allowance. This isn’t something I should even talk about,. Whoever gave the president this idea to cancel teachers allowance course him a lot. My own sister and three of my friends who are all in the training colleges voted against us because of this.
4. Poor campaign strategies : This is one of the most vital reasons we lost this election. We based our campaigns mainly on streets, TV and Radio adverts etc, instead of going deep into villagers, homes, houses to share the good work of the president and convince voters to vote for him.
5. Low turnouts in our strongholds: and The people of Volta region are very angry with the NDC. They feel we took them for granted, and we only remember them in election years. From beginning of our , a lot always say they will teach us a lesson, and really they did.
Lesson: we ought to take people we lead seriously especially when they put us where we are.
JDM did his best and we are going to miss him. We have to go back to the drawing board and come back better and stronger.
God bless our homeland Ghana and make our nation great and strong.
My name is Samed Deff and am still a member of the NDC.