The Youth Employment Agency (YEA) has fired Wendy Shay as one of the ambassadors for the flagship government program, Ghpage.com has confirmed.
The Agency has released the official ambassadors for the project and missing in the list is Wendy Addo known in showbiz as Wendy Shay, the Rufftown Records artist.
The press testament to officially introduced the ambassadors to Ghana have the names of Jackie Appiah, Emilia Brobbey and the others but Wendy was not mentioned.
A portion of the statement which lists the ambassadors reads:
1. Kwabena Anokye Adisi, Journalist/ CEO, EIB Group / Start-Up consultant
2. Bryan Amoateng, Pastor, Author, Life Coach, Entrepreneur, Founder, International Youth Empowerment Summit (IYES), President, Bryan Jones Outreach,
3. Jackie Appiah, Award-winning actress, Entrepreneur
4. Bibi Bright, Actress, Entrepreneur, Humanitarian
5. Emelia Brobbey, Actress, Trained Teacher and Journalist
6. Rebecca Donkor, CEO MakeUp Ghana, Start-Up Consultant, Founder/CEO Healthcare Management
Also, we have prominent people in society ranging from top-ranking public officials, Members of Parliament, Business Executives, Chiefs, Religious leaders, etc who have endorsed our initiatives and have indicated their readiness and availability to act as advisors to the projects the Agency embark on.
Notable among these prominent individuals are:
1. Dr. Kwabena Donkor, former Minister for Power and MP for Pru East Constituency.
2. Catherine Abelema Afeku, Minister and Member of Parliament and an astute Marketer.
3. Nana Osei Bonsu, President of Private Enterprises Federation (PEF Ghana).
4. Mr. Seth Twum Akwaboah, President of the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI)
These dignified individuals, as well as a host of others including CEOs in the Banking and Telecommunication Sector, are all ready and available to lend their support to the Agency when called upon.
Although the statement did not explicitly state why Wendy Shay was dropped obviously it was because of her raunchy photo with former president John Agyekum Kuffour which went viral last week.
Being the brain behind the national agency, John Agyekum Kuffuor was visited by the ambassadors to introduce themselves to the former president.
Whiles the others looked perfect for the occasion, Wendy Shay alone wore an informal dress not befitting the occasion. What made it worse was the caption she gave when she shared on social media.
She described the former president as her senior Uber driver passed an undignified comment about how the ex-president appeared to be looking at her boobs.