The National Lottery Authority Of Ghana (NLA) donated foods and other relief items to thousands of Ghanaians all over the country during the festive season as part of its corporate duties.
The commendable activity was orchestrated and executed by the Good Causes Of Foundation wing of the National Lottery Authority with Hon. Sammy Awuku as the spearheader.
As part of its core duty of spreading cheer amongst the needy, vulnerable, mentally afflicted, and aged in society, the Good Causes Of Foundation helped to make the 2022 Christmas a memorable one for the lucky benefactors of its benevolence.
The donation was carried out in all the regional offices of the NLA in the country.
Below is a summary of the donation exercise which has since received striking applause from many Ghanaians.
1. The Greater Accra office donated some crutches, walking aids, and food items to the Accra Rehabilitation Centre.
2. Takoradi donated food items, Polytank to EGYAM CHILDREN HOME and ABIBA’S MENTAL HOME.
3. Tema office also had lunch with the aged at the Chief’s Palace.
4. Akim Oda office donated some food items to the aged and orphans for the Yuletide and a few educational materials to kids in Achiase and Aboabo.
5. Bolgatanga office donated food item and toiletries to Mama Laadi children home in Yorugo and Center for child development in Bolga
6. Cape Coast office donated items to the Ankaful Leprosarium
7. Sunyani office gave out hampers to the aged and widows .
8. Hohoe office also donated to the aged and widows and also donated an undisclosed amount to them.
9. Tamale office donated dining tables and chairs, provision food items and detergents.
10. Wa office donated to the Disabled, the mentally afflicted persons, and also public sensitization on mental health
11. Ho office donated to the families of the affected tidal waves in the 3 coastal districts of Anloga, keta, and Ketu South
12. Abeka Office donated some food items, detergent and sanitary items to the Weija Leprosarium
The lead members of the donation exercise were the Deputy Coordinator Ms. Amma Frimpong and Mr. Fred Anaafi the Sales Manager.
The Good Causes Of Foundation through GhPage.com also wishes to heartfully thank the current Director-General of the NLA, Hon. Sammi Awuku who is the brainchild behind the foundation as well as the board, management, and staff of NLA for their tremendous support.