Ashanti regional minister Simon Osei Mensah has denied reports that he said the mysterious deaths at the Kumasi Academy School (KUMACA) were as a result of Ebola.
His statement has since been in the circulation of the media that he said Ebola was responsible for the deaths in reaction to what he said.
After his earlier statement, he allegedly granted an interview to Kumasi-based Nhyira FM, during which he allegedly stated that Ebola, not meningitis, was responsible for the deaths.
READ ALSO: Event Organizer Reveals That Sarkodie, Shatta Wale Takes GHC 150k For A Show
He then encourages people to wait for the results of the tests, as was in the case of the Ebola outbreak.
He, however, noted that the school may be closed down latest on Friday 8th December 2017.
The minister further explained the decision saying it was as a result of a consensus reached with the Ashanti Regional Health Directorate, the Ghana Education Service, and the school’s Parents and Teacher Association.
READ ALSO: The Kumasi Academy (KUMACA) student deaths caused by ‘Ebola’ – Minister reveals
Six students of the school so far have been discharged from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology hospital. An estimated 18 others are however still on admission.
Meanwhile, the minister of Health, Kwaku Agyemang-Manu, has also been summoned to Parliament to provide answers with regard to the issue.